Monday, July 13, 2009

Is it hard to parent 8?

Well I believe there is a reason God made a progression to the scheme of things....having babies in a certain order...1 then 2, then 3 and so on...but then when u grow by twos and add a few friends...whew.

One day, we took 2 friends and hung out for a bit...and had to have friends carry some kids home because our van was too small! It was something!

The dynamics change by numbers in a surprising way. The kids who were normally assigned to each task:

One kid gets Wil Guy the other gets Squirmy, another gets my 3yr old, I generally get the diaper bags...one for everyday use PLUS a cute Good StartTM back pack we use for bottles (the bottles have the powdered formula premeasured in them with nipples and we carry distilled water- took me weeks to smooth out a workable system)

This 15min system was thrown off since my two rode with the friend. What a mess....we lost count of kids and ugggh. Everyone survived but lets just say I now have a healthy appreciation for JUST 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment